How Much Do You Know About Winter Storms in the Washington Region?
By Aleita Johnson
Thursday, March 4, 2010
1. Seasonal snowfall totals in the Washington region during Winter 2009-2010 broke the previous all-time record of 54.4 inches (at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport) set during the winter of:
2. The Winter of 1972-73 and the Winter of 1997-98 tied as the seasons with the least amount of snow in the Washington region at:
3. During this frigid winter, parts of the Chesapeake Bay remained frozen until spring, allowing people to walk from Annapolis to Kent Island, Md.:
4. The average annual snowfall in the Washington region, recorded between 1971 and 2000 at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, is:
5. During a major storm Feb. 10 and 11, 1994, roads were topped with ice 1 to 3 inches thick, causing millionsof dollars in damages and leaving nearly what percent of the region's residents without power for a week?